Vanilla Coconut Biscuits
INGREDIENTS125g butter softened
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 3/4 cups of spelt flour
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 ts vanilla extract
1/2 ts baking powder
100g icing sugar
drop of hot water
2-3 frozen raspberries, thawed and smashed with a fork
Sprinkles/choc chips – whatever your kids are into!
- Preheat oven to 175 fan bake and line a baking tray.
- Mix butter and sugar together. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat well.
- Mix sifted flour and baking powder together and add coconut. Fold into butter mix and knead to make a ball.
- It is quite a wet mixture so sometimes you need to add a little more flour/coconut. Let it rest in the fridge for about 30min (or more) to firm up.
- Roll out dough until you get the desired thickness for your biccies. Cut into shapes and put onto the tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool completely before icing.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl, add butter and drop of hot water onto the teaspoon of butter to help it melt and mix. Add mashed berries until you reach desired spreading thickness (you can always add more water if not wet enough, but a little goes a long way).
- Let it set before adding to biscuits. Decorate.
- Makes about 22-24 biscuits depending on size of cookie cutters.
- This dough freezes really well. Sometimes I put half of the mixture in freezer for another day.