Winter Vegetable & Lentil Soup
Soup glorious soup! When it's cold outside, stir up this healthy vegetable soup, packed with immunity-supporting vitamin C, and its four of your 5-a-day.
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 30 mins | Serves 2
- 85g organic green lentils
- Olive oil
- 2 carrots, quartered lengthways then diced
- 3 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 small leeks, sliced
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp dried thyme leaves
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
- Heat a large pot with a drizzle of olive oil on a medium heat.
- Tip 85g organic green lentils, diced carrots, sliced celery and sliced leeks into the pot with tomato purée, thyme leaves, garlic powder, 1 tbsp vegetable stock and ground coriander. Cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour over 1½ litres boiling water from the kettle, then stir well.
- Cover and leave to simmer for 30 mins until the vegetables and lentils are tender. Season with salt & pepper to your liking.
- Ladle into bowls and eat straightaway, or if you like a really thick texture, blitz a third of the soup with a hand blender or in a food processor.