Nooch & Paprika Popcorn
Nutritional yeast and smoked paprika popcorn is a delicious and nutritious vegan-friendly snack that's full of flavor. Here's a simple recipe for you to try at home.
This recipe is customizable, so feel free to adjust the quantities of nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, and other seasonings to suit your taste buds. You can also add a pinch of cayenne pepper if you want some extra heat. Enjoy your yummy and wholesome popcorn!
- 1/2 cup popping corn
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil or vutter (available in store)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- Flaky salt, to taste
Pop the popcorn:
- Using an air popper: Place the popcorn kernels in the air popper and follow the manufacturer's instructions to pop the popcorn.
- On the stovetop: In a large pot with a lid, heat the coconut oil or olive oil over medium heat. Add a few popcorn kernels to the pot and wait for them to pop. Once they do, add the rest of the popcorn kernels, cover with the lid, and shake the pot occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from heat when the popping slows down.
Prepare the seasoning:
- In a small bowl, mix together the nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, garlic powder (if using), and onion powder (if using). This mixture will be the seasoning for your popcorn.
Coat the popcorn:
- Transfer the popped popcorn to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the melted coconut oil, olive oil or vutter over the popcorn, tossing it gently to coat evenly.
Add the seasoning:
- Sprinkle the nutritional yeast and smoked paprika mixture over the popcorn, tossing it gently again to ensure the seasoning is distributed evenly.
Season with salt:
- Taste the popcorn and add salt as per your preference. Nutritional yeast and smoked paprika already provide some saltiness, so adjust accordingly.
- Transfer the seasoned popcorn to a serving bowl and enjoy your flavorful and nutritious snack!