Creamy Tomato Gluten-free Pasta
Gluten-free pasta with creamy tomato sauce, ready to eat in 25 minutes! It’s delicious and dairy free. Gentler on the guts. Just as tasty on the lips.
Prep 10 mins | Cook 15 mins | Total time 25 mins | Serves 4
3 tbsp olive oil (divided)
1/2 cup diced white onion
1 tsp garlic powder
280g gluten-free pasta
1/2 tin Italian stewed tomatoes (drained)
1/4 cup paleo mayo
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper
1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
Fresh basil and cracked pepper
- In a small pan, sauté onions and garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Once they are almost cooked, set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook your gluten free pasta for 10-12 mins or until al dente.
- Drain, and place pasta back into pot. Keep on low heat.
- Mix in the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and mix well. Mix gently.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayo and egg yolk. Add this mix to your pot with the pasta, coating until creamy. Gently mix in the sauteed onion/garlic.
- Toss the pasta with the tomatoes, nutritional yeast (if using), salt and pepper.
- Stir gently over low to medium low heat until creamy and combined.
- If using a cooked protein, add it in here.
- Plate pasta into bowls. Garnish with fresh basil and cracked pepper.
If you are looking to make this vegan, just replace 1/4 cup mayo with this vegan cashew cream sauce. YUM!
Serving Size: 1 | Calories: 353 | Sugar: 4.8g | Sodium: 186mg | Fat: 17.1g | Saturated Fat: 2.7g | Unsaturated Fat: 5.2g | Trans Fat: 8.2g | Carbohydrates: 42.2g | Fiber: 3.7g | Protein: 9.2g | Cholesterol: 77mg
[c/o Lindsay Cotter]