It takes just 5 minutes for this polenta to cook. While you're waiting, here's some things we suggest you DON'T do - watch The Lord of the Rings, paint your nails, call your Mum. Time is limited with this magical cooking corn!
Super versatile, it can be cooked to a creamy thick consistency to replace rice or mashed potatoes, or allowed to set and then sliced into chips. And as corn is the only ingredient, it's safe for those with gluten sensitivities!
TO MAKE POLENTA CHIPS:
4 cups water (or stock)
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup Ceres Organics polenta
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil (plus more to coat chips)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Ceres Organics Mayo
Ceres Organics Sriracha Sauce
1. In a medium pot, bring water and salt to a boil. Stir in polenta, garlic, olive oil, oregano, and paprika. Stir frequently cooking for 45-60 minutes until done (no gritty bits left). If you have Quick Cook Polenta this takes about 6-8mins.
2. Transfer the polenta to a shallow tray. Smooth to make the thickness as even as possible. Refrigerate 30 minutes, until set.
3. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
4. Cut polenta into rectangles or wedges about 8cm long. Transfer polenta chips to an oven tray lined with baking paper. Lightly coat with olive oil and bake 7-8 minutes. Flip over and lightly cover with more olive oil and cook another 7-8 minutes. To get them extra crispy, flip them a quarter turn, two more times for an additional two minutes each.
5. Sriracha Mayo: Mix 4 tablespoons of mayo and 1 teaspoon of sriracha together.
6. Remove from the oven and serve hot with sriracha mayo!
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: 50 g
|Fat, total (g)
|- saturated (g)
|- sugars (g)
|Dietary Fibre (g)
STORAGE:Store in a cool, dry place
ALLERGEN DISCLAIMER:This product meets the requirements under the Crossed Grain Logo for limits of gluten less than 20ppm.
INGREDIENTS:Certified Organic Corn
CLAIMS AND CERTIFICATIONS: Certified Organic