Sprouts made easy
Sprouts are packed with nutrition and add great flavour to salads, sandwiches and more. They are super easy to make with a sprouting kit but can also be made using a few kitchen items.
You will need:
A medium sized jar (mason jars are great)
- Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of seeds (we love mung beans, adzuki beans & mustard seeds) into a clean medium-sized jar. Fill the jar with clean cold water and leave it to soak overnight.
- Place a fine sieve against the top of the jar and pour out the water. Tap the sieve against the jar so the seeds fall back in. Fill the jar with water and give it a swirl. Using the sieve again drain out the water.
- Leaving the seeds in the jar, cover with a clean tissue secured with a rubber band or string. Place the jar horizontally and out of direct sun.
- Each day fill up the jar with clean water, swirl, and drain using the sieve.
- After a few days, your sprouts will have grown and can be added to salads, soups & sandwiches.
- You can store the sprouts for a week by drying them off and storing them in a container in the fridge. We recommend adding a small clean cloth to the bottom of the container to absorb any excess moisture.