Savoury Mini Lunchbox Muffins
Dietary: Vegan | Gluten-free
Time: 30min |Makes: 16 mini muffins
120g (1 cup) All-purpose Gluten-free Flour
80g (1/2 cup) Organic Polenta Quick Cook
15g (1/4 cup) nutritional yeast flakes
20g (1/4 cup) crispy fried onions + extra for topping
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ Tablespoon flaky sea slat
1 Tablespoon dried chives
1 cup water
2 Tablespoons sunflower oil
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
½ cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted
½ small spring onion, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and oil your mini muffin tins.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients making sure to break up any floury clump.
- Add the water and apple cider vinegar and mix. Then add the oil, corn kernels and chopped spring onions. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon the muffin mixture into the oiled mini muffin tin and top with extra crispy onions. Pop into the oven for 20 -25 minutes and bake until golden. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for two days or freeze.
Recipe, styling and photography by Lena Fischer