Salted Choc Chunk Cookies
A decadent twist on the classic choc chip cookie, using new-to-store Belgium dark & caramel chocolate buttons, these jumbo salted choc chunk cookies are super easy to throw together. Ready in just 20 mins.
Makes: 6 Large cookies | Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Total time: 20 mins
½ cup (113g) unsalted butter
¼ cup (50g) coconut sugar
¼ cup (50g) raw sugar
¼ cup (50g) white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
1 ¾ (224g) high-grade flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
Pinch flaky sea salt plus extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with parchment baking paper.
- Melt butter in a small pot over low heat, once melted add to a medium mixing bowl along with sugar, vanilla and the egg. Whisk together until well combined and smooth.
- Sift flour, baking soda and a pinch of salt into butter mixture and combine until a dough is formed. Then stir through chocolate buttons reserving a few for the top.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop 6 cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking trays. Arrange extra chocolate buttons on top of each cookie and gently press to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden. Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaky sea salt while hot. Let cool slightly and enjoy.
Recipe, styling, photography by Lena Fischer