Redz Chocolate Brownie
Our amazing friend Lynn "Red" Paterson is the first person to continuously kayak solo around New Zealand. Yeah, "wow". Along her journey, she cooked up this seriously delicious brownie. Now Lynn is sharing the love with us and you!
Visit Lynn's website to read more about her life-changing odyssey. Kia ora, Lynn. Enjoy.
2 cups of kumara
1 cup of beetroot
3/4 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup of honey or coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 160C, forced fan.
- Grease and line 20cm square cake tin, evenly pour mixture in.
- Boil kumara & beetroot till soft, strain, mash until very smooth. While still warm, mix in honey & coconut oil. Leave to cool for 30mins until only warm, then add eggs & mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients together. Add this to wet mixture & mix well.
- Cook 20-25 mins until just firm to touch. It will still feel a bit soft so allow to cool totally before turning out of cake tin.
- Store in fridge, eat chilled, or warm again for 30secs in microwave. Serve with coconut cream, yoghurt, ice cream. Mmmmmmm.