English Muffins in 2 mins
Prep 1 min | Cook 2 mins | Total time 3 mins | Serves 1 | Calories 174kcal
These 2-minute flourless English muffins will sort you out, with a healthy twist. No yeast, oil or flour, this muffin can be made gluten free, vegan, dairy free, sugar free.
Ingredients1/3 cup rolled oats (gluten free, if preferred)
1 tbsp chia seeds
½ tsp baking powder
2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce (or mashed banana)
1 tbsp milk of choice
Optional: pinch of salt
- In a blender, combine the oats, chia seeds, baking powder, and salt. Blend on high until finely ground.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the applesauce and nondairy milk, and mix to form a sticky dough.
- Place the dough in a ramekin and flatten.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes before removing from the ramekin.
- Slice in half, toast, and enjoy with toppings of choice.
No microwave? Simply bake in an oven-safe ramekin for 180C for 12-15 minutes, or until fully cooked in the center and the edges are golden brown.
Serving: 1 muffin | Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Fibre: 10g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.4mg | NET CARBS: 12g
[c/o The Big Man's World]