Pickled Cucumber Spears
Summer crops are bursting at the seams! It's time to whip up some tangy, crisp and ridiculously delicious, pickled cucumber spears.
These little beauts will be perfect for sandwiches, snacking, or salads, and they're easy & affordable.
Easy Peasy Pickled Cucumber Spears
- 3 - 4 Cucumbers (or enough to fill 3 x 600ml jars)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 tsp Peppercorns
- 3 tsp Dill Tips
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups White Vinegar
- 1/4 C White Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Flaky Sea Salt
- Slice cucumbers into the right height for your jars, half lengthways, then cut into spears and place them in your clean jars.
- Half the garlic cloves and mix them together with the mustard seeds, peppercorns and dill. Split this mixture evenly among each jar of cucumbers.
- Warm the water, vinegar, salt & sugar on the stovetop for a couple of minutes (not letting your vinegar mix get to boiling point)
- Funnel vinegar mix into cucumber jars, untill full.
- Chill 2 days minimum (but perfectly pickled after one week).