One-Dish Broccoli & Artichoke Orzo Bake
When it's not quite winter and not quite summer, it's not quite soups and stews on dark and stormy nights, not quite crisp fresh salads in warm, bright evenings....
Perfect weather for a one-dish orzo pasta bake, if you ask us!
3T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 onion, diced
1/2t smoked paprika
4T chipotle sauce
1/2C basil pesto
2 jars of marinated artichokes
4C dried orzo
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 head of broccoli, cut into extra small florets
2.5 cups water
Grated cheese to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (celsius)
2. In a baking dish, combine the oil, onion, garlic, smoked paprika, pesto, chipotle sauce & artichokes.
3. Add orzo, broccoli and water and stir through to combine
4. Bake for 15-20 mins (keeping an eye on your bake to ensure it doesn't dry out too much at this stage. If required, you can add a little more water).
5. Stir pasta & sprinkle cheese on top, before returning to bake for a further 15 mins
6. Top with fresh basil or pine nuts, or just salt & pepper to taste... ENJOY!