A delicious morning tea or snack! Who, after all, doesn’t love the smell of savoury dough baking, and eating when still warm from the oven...?
For the scrolls
2 cups self raising flour
¼ tsp salt
90g butter, cut into small pieces
¾ cup milk, use up to 1 cup
For the filling
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 cup grated cheese
¼ cup chopped fresh herbs
100g feta, crumbled
100g ham, chopped
1 cup spinach, shredded
1 tbsp parsley, to garnish
1 egg, whisked with a fork
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with paper.
- Place the flour and salt into a large bowl. Add the butter and using your finger rub together until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and cut it through with a knife to combine and so the soft dough starts to form. Tip onto a floured bench then knead together.
- Roll to a 20 x 30cm rectangle. Spread the mustard evenly over the dough, sprinkle on the cheese, chopped herbs, feta, ham, spinach and parsley. Brush the edges with a little egg.
- Carefully roll the dough along the long side into a log. Cut into 2cm scrolls and place them onto your tray. Brush the tops lightly with egg and bake for 15 minutes until golden and puffed.
- Enjoy while warm and cheesy.