Bread Dough Recipe
This recipe is purposely simple to lend itself to both savoury or sweet bread creations.
Once the dough has proved you choose how to use it. From buns & scrolls to plaits & traditional loaves. For a savoury option we recommend adding pesto & cheese for sweet try butter, cinnamon & sugar or a stewed apple. Enjoy!
Prep 10 mins | Cook 20 mins | Ready in 30 mins
- In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and oil.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (about 8-10 mins).
- Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with a towel. Leave in a warm location and allow to prove for 1.5-2hrs until doubled in size.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees. Make your bread creations and bake on an oven tray. For loaves cook for 20-25 mins for buns and scrolls cook for 12-15 mins. Enjoy!