Lemon Drizzle Loaf
A delicious drizzle loaf without refined sugar. Perfect to match with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
120g unsalted soft butter
170g white spelt flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
150g maple syrup
Zest from 1 lemon
1/4 cup of milk
1/4 cup of apricot jam
1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a loaf tin. (Dust the loaf tin with flour after greasing, this will ensure that the loaf comes out cleanly.)
- Using an electric beater, cream the butter in a large bowl until it is pale and fluffy. Add 2 tablespoons of flour and beat in the eggs one at a time. Continue to beat until all the eggs are added and the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the baking powder, salt, lemon zest, maple syrup and remaining flour. Gently fold into the mixture to retain the light fluffy consistency. Mix in the milk.
- Pour the loaf batter into the tin and bake for 25-30 mins or until a knife comes out clean. Remove from the oven and rest in the tin for 15 mins, and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- While the loaf is cooling, add the apricot jam and lemon juice into a small pot and simmer for 1-2 mins. Allow the glaze to cool slightly and then brush the cake.
- The cake will last a few days in the fridge. Enjoy!