Coffee & Hazelnut Dark Chocolate Slab
This Belgian Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Coffee Slab with Marbled Caramel is a delightful treat with a perfect balance of rich chocolate, nutty crunch, and a hint of coffee flavor. Enjoy this indulgent creation as a dessert or share it as a sweet gift!
- 400 grams Belgian dark chocolate buttons
- 125 grams hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground coffee
- 100 grams Belgian caramel chocolate buttons
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for about 8-10 minutes or until they become fragrant. Keep an eye on them to prevent burning.
- Once toasted, let the hazelnuts cool. Once cool, roughly chop them.
Melt Belgian Dark Chocolate:
- Place the Belgian dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- Using a double boiler or the microwave, melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally to ensure even melting. If using a microwave, heat in 20-second intervals, stirring between each interval until smooth.
Add Coffee & Hazelnuts:
- Stir the freshly ground coffee and hazelnuts into the melted dark chocolate until well combined.
Spread on a Parchment-Lined Pan:
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Pour the melted chocolate-coffee mixture onto the baking paper, spreading it into an even layer with a spatula.
Marble with Caramel Chocolate:
- Melt the marbled caramel chocolate in the same manner as the dark chocolate.
- Drizzle the melted marbled caramel chocolate over the hazelnuts and dark chocolate layer.
- Use a spoon or a skewer to create swirls by gently dragging it through the chocolate and caramel layers. This will create a marbled effect.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate bark to set. This usually takes about 1-2 hours.
Break into Pieces:
- Once the chocolate has completely set, remove it from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for a few minutes.
- Gently break the slab into rustic pieces.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Arrange the chocolate bark on a serving platter or in a gift box.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.